We are looking for technical leadership to join a pre-production team. You’ll start by writing the code that lays the foundation for the project while hiring key members of the team to help hit production milestones. You are language and technology agnostic, experienced in long term technical planning and comfortable mentoring and guiding all levels of programmers. You understand the challenges facing design and art teams and want nothing more than to implement solutions that makes their work shine.
This position will report to the Technical Director
What will you do?
- Provide technical guidance to engineers and other teams
- Hire, manage and lead a team of passionate game programmers
- Design and implement technical solutions for departments across the game team
- Contribute code to the project, and evangelise best practices
What are we looking for?
- Comfortable in a variety of languages, but an expert in C#
- 7+ years professional programming experience
- 4+ years experience leading teams
- Full Stack (Prior development working with client / server game systems)
- Demonstrated knowledge of sound team programming practices
- Experience developing a game from early concept to launch
- Experience with Unity
- Strong data structures, logic, distributed systems and algorithm skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Shipped multiple console/mobile titles
- Real passion for video games
- Domain knowledge across multiple areas (gameplay, networking, rendering, web services, animation, optimization, physics, etc)
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree
- Experience with distributed development
- Experience working with outsourcing
- Experience operating a live game
What we offer:
- Joining an international team of people passionate about gaming
- Working in one of the main European hubs for mobile game development
- Startup within a company with 20 years of experience in game development
- Unlimited leave upon manager approval
- Public transportation ticket
- Company cell phone of your choice
- Gym membership
- Snacks, drinks, and fruit in the office
- Home Internet reimbursement
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!