Wargaming Czech Republic is looking for an experienced Game UI Artist to join our new development team in Brno. You will work on the next generation of Wargaming products. Brno is the newest addition to Wargaming in the Czech Republic. The office has a startup feel. You’ll be working with people who are passionate about game development in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
What will you do?
- Work closely with game designers, artists and programmers to define, prototype and develop UI that will be consistent with the game’s visual style
- Create concept art and prototypes for the look and feel of the UI
- Design and develop flowcharts, icons, HUD elements, layouts and overlays that are graphically interesting, but also intuitive and player-friendly
- Establish and maintain the UI interface pipeline and guideline
- Create and maintain UI documentation that communicates interaction and design ideas to the development team
- Troubleshoot and refine UI-related issues, pushing pixels to perfection
- Collaborate with the team to improve existing technology and develop new features
What are we looking for?
- 2+ years in the game industry as a game UI artist
- Experience of the full Adobe suite
- At least one shipped game title
- A portfolio showcasing exemplary UI implementation across multiple titles
- Strong understanding of UI design techniques and trends
- Excellent attention to detail
- Passion about design from the player’s perspective
- Keen eye for aesthetics and graphic design
- Good analog and digital drawing skills with ability to render in a variety of styles
- Self-motivated team player, able to take feedback and criticism and properly reflect comments in work
- Good spoken/written English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- UE4 + UMG experience
- High proficiency with industry 3D art tools (Photoshop, 3Ds Max)
- Experience with scripting languages or some coding skill
- Experience with version control systems (SVN, Perforce, etc.)