Wargaming Mobile is currently looking for a Technical Director to lead one of our game team. As the Technical Director you will be highly influential and responsible for delivering new legendary game experiences to our audiences across the world.
Wargaming Mobile is an exciting division within Wargaming that acts as a proving ground for innovative and outstanding mobile projects. We drive results through teamwork, passion and smart data-driven decisions. We deliver legendary game experiences such as World of Tanks Blitz that are enjoyed by millions of people worldwide.
The ideal candidate would have an extensive track record of working in the mobile game industry across different technical roles, with a strong desire toward managing building teams.
The Technical Director will report to the Head of Wargaming Mobile
What will you do?
- Hire, manage, motivate and mentor programmers and other technical people reporting to you
- Set the technology strategy for the project; from selecting the right 3rd party tools and middleware to defining which technologies to build internally
- Establish technical processes for efficient development with the game
- Responsible for the technical quality of the product; from solid technical architecture, to hitting required performance goals and overall code quality
- Collaborate with other studio leads both within the studio and wider Wargaming organization
- Proactively identify key opportunities and risks
What are we looking for?
- Significant Unity development experience with multiple released mobile titles
- 7+ years programming experience in the industry
- Strong knowledge of mobile game development
- Experience building and managing technical teams
- Passionate about mentoring technical talent
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with highly distributed teams
- Experience operating a live free-to-play game service
- Familiarity with all areas of game technology; including AI, UI, physics, rendering, networking, optimization, content pipelines, etc.
- Familiar with geolocation services, managing location data
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!