Wargaming is looking to hire a Historical Consultant to join the Military History team ensuring the unsurpassed historical accuracy of the in-game incarnations of military vehicles played by our audience of millions.
Our ideal candidate is more than just a history and military vehicle buff—they must be able to interpret drawings and understand the military vehicle layout principles, as well as be well-versed in military equipment in and out, and know the technologies behind vehicle components and assemblies (in particular those of armored vehicles produced from 1940s to 1990s).
If you fit the description above perfectly and are really keen on history, military and arms— don’t hesitate to apply and join one of leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry.
What will you do?
- Search for and organize historical materials pertaining to military vehicles (web resources, print media, archives, museums, exhibitions, private collections, company partners, etc.)
- Assist a vendor team in creating 3D models and drawings of military vehicles (selecting basic materials, formalizing and delivering technical specifications, following work progress, accepting deliverables and putting them into production)
- Act as a consultant on vehicles and historical descriptions for all units
- Search for and assort technical materials related to military vehicles
- Ensure that military equipment models are historically and technically correct
What are we looking for?
- Well-versed in the history of the world’s motor and armored vehicles of the 20th and 21st centuries
- Knowledge and understanding of motor and armored vehicle construction basics
- Both creative and technical mindset
- Skilled PC user versed with text and graphics editors
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- General knowledge of military vehicles (including aviation, naval, etc.)
- Knowledge of SAD (SolidWorks) and similar software
- Hobbies related to the military history and vehicles (model building, etc.)
This role is located in Minsk, Belarus, but we welcome specialists from other cities/regions. Wargaming is an international company that seeks talented people from across the globe and provides full support in terms of relocation and adapting to a new city. Learn more details about our relocation program at gotominsk.wargaming.com.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!