Wargaming is looking for a specialist to fill the Design Engineer / Draftsman (Military Vehicles) position.
Deep reverence for history is part of Wargaming’s creed: our games are a second life for war machines from the past, lovingly recreated in stunning detail. Any military vehicle is born on the drawing board, and it applies to those waging battles in World of Tanks too. To collect all sorts of data and documentation on tanks we employ historical consultants, and to put these machines into the game we need you—to create the blueprints and the 3D model.
The quality of tank models heavily depends on the quality of blueprints so your professional expertise is crucial: we seek an experienced design engineer with a historian’s knowledge.
What will you do?
- Consult all teams on vehicles and their descriptions
- Seek out technical documentation and prepare selections
- Check the historical and technical authenticity of vehicle models
- Participate in the creation of blueprints and 3D models of vehicles based on available documents
- Compose historical descriptions of vehicles
What are we looking for?
- Higher or secondary technical education as a Machine Design Engineer
- Worked in factories that build machinery
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with CAD systems (SolidWorks and AutoCad in particular)
- Excellent knowledge of graphics suites
- Ability to read blueprints, identify errors, and extrapolate the internal layout of vehicles from available documentation
- Experience drafting blueprints of tracked vehicles, their parts and assembly units
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Military education
- Worked in a layout design bureau
- Experience with scale modeling
- Knowledge of WWII-era armored vehicles
- Knowledge of 3D animation tools (Maya, 3ds Max, etc.)
- Knowledge of English
This role is located in Minsk, Belarus, but we welcome specialists from other cities, regions and countries. Wargaming is an international company that seeks talented people from across the globe and provides full support in terms of relocation and adapting to a new city. Learn more details about our relocation program at gotominsk.wargaming.com.
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and offices spread all over the world. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!