Wargaming Brno is looking for a Technical Artist to join our development team. In this role, you will work in a small team of 13 highly experienced game developers on prototypes for the next generation of Wargaming games.
As the Technical Artist for the development team you’ll be the communication point between the artists and programmers. Through your expertise you will advise on changes, propose new technical solutions and find the best technical solution to optimising the performance of the game.
To be successful, you are an experienced Technical Artist with deep knowledge of UE4 and its global settings, who is passionate about game development and working in a collaborative multicultural environment.
The Technical Artist will report to the Project Lead.
What will you do?
• Work closely with programmers to prototype and develop new features
• Analyze memory and performance issues and propose ways how to address them
• Help to bring your coworkers’ ideas into life respecting artistic vision and technical constrains
• Create efficient materials in UE4 engine for use in Environment and Effects
• Propose and prototype scene lighting and shading techniques
• Create and maintain scripts to be used by artists and other content creators
• Create and maintain technical art documentation
What are we looking for?
• 3+ years in the game industry as a technical artist
• At least one shipped game title
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, 3D modeling tools (3ds Max) and game engines
• Strong understanding of the modern artistic toolset and rendering pipelines
• Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline
• Good technical art background
• Independent creative learner with a passion for making AAA games
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
• Good spoken/written English
• Unreal Engine experience
What additional skills will help you stand out?
• Experience with scripting languages
• Technical expertise with the standard industry toolset
• Experience with creating VFX effects and scene lighting
• Experience with version control systems (SVN, Perforce, etc.)
Wargaming Paragraph: About Us
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!