Wargaming Sydney is seeking a physics programmer to join our studio. We are looking for someone with experience, who has the ability to work in a fast-moving environment and adapt to working with different technology stacks as required. Previous experience in game development and related technology is a plus.
What will you do?
You will have the opportunity to develop top-notch low-level physics systems for our next generation of games and help deliver an awesome player experience.
What are we looking for?
- Experience working on physics systems in at least one game engine, UE4 a plus
- Solid understanding of vehicle physics, spatial data structures, collisions and intersection testing and performance issues related to complex equations
- Experience on the creation of vehicle architecture, code, and tooling and the physics of driving/flying in those vehicles
- Very strong math skills and background
- Excellent knowledge of C/C++
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A strong desire to create world-class games
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Degree in Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Experience with any other programming languages, especially Python
- Experience in the game development industry, and related technology (e.g. Unreal, Unity)
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Shipped games
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Delivering legendary games since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!