The Wargaming Mobile Team in Minsk, which develops and operates World of Tanks Blitz, is seeking a Creative Director to shape the direction of new products together with the team and bring them to life. You will work as a key member of the Leadership Team for the new product, creating and maintaining its core creative vision, as well as mentoring, training, and directing our creative teams to deliver best-in-class mobile games that our audience will love.
General Manager, Wargaming Mobile Minsk
What will you do?
- Create exciting and engaging game design and an overall experience that fits the studio’s capabilities and talents
- Communicate the design goals and vision clearly and consistently to the game team and key stakeholders
- Inspire and motivate the whole game team to align to that creative vision and provide the leadership to achieve it
- Provide constructive, prompt, and effective feedback to the creative team you oversee on the project, and engage with other key leads on the development to achieve outstanding results
- Ensure that all the various systems of the game work well together in the furtherance of that overall creative vision
- Mentor, train, and develop creative talent in how to design amazing features and experiences for live-service games, working with engines like Unreal or Unity
- Work collaboratively with the game Leadership Team to deliver a thrilling, high-quality product
What we are looking for?
- 5 years’ industry experience in design roles, including at least one product shipped in a lead design role
- Game design credits on at least one live service/GaaS title and one high-quality mobile title in the midcore/hardcore action game sphere
- Proven creative and analytical skills with the ability to create and log detailed creative design documentation and to update and adapt that design based on playtests, user feedback, and development opportunities
- The ability to persuasively and clearly communicate a product vision and be its inspirational champion
- The ability to mentor and train less-experienced designers and inspire them to create great gameplay features and well-thought systems
- Flexibility and adaptability, a true team player who will work well in a collaborative environment
- A tireless, progressive, critical thinker who can develop solutions to overcome the obstacles and challenges that new game development provides
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience working with existing game engines like Unreal and Unity
- Spoken and written Russian skills
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has grown to become one of the leaders in the free-to-play MMO gaming industry with 4500+ employees and more than 20 offices globally. Over 200 million players enjoy Wargaming’s titles across all major gaming platforms, including the massively popular World of Tanks and World of Warships.
Working in our company means always having interesting challenges and gaining valuable experience while working with top-class experts.
Take your place among our passionate and experienced team and bring out the best in yourself at Wargaming!