World of Tanks Kyiv is looking for a Game QA Automation Engineer to join the Team on a full-time basis. As an QA Engineer you will be focusing on testing of new features and modes for World of Tanks. It will span across all of the game components and systems and cover all phases of development cycle. You will be a part of cross-functional development team whose goal is to flesh out the vision into a product in the Happy Players' hands.
World of Tanks
World of Tanks is a cult MMO game dedicated to armored machines that has won the affection of players all over the world. A variety of in-game locations, historical accuracy, realistic gameplay — join the army of tankers already tearing up the battlefield and plunge into legendary combat! If you haven’t, give it a try.
World of Tanks Kyiv
World of Tanks Kyiv is an integral part of the World of Tanks family. We love Tanks, therefor a link to your profile in The Game will fast-track you in the candidates’ pipeline. Our main values are Team, Trust, Transparency, and Tanks.
● We play co-op
● A 35 people cross-functional team of senior tech experts passionate about Tanks and Games
● Key tech stack: Python, C++, Scaleform
● We deliver our own ideas to players (full development cycle)
● We collaborate with 15 Wargaming studios worldwide
● Team hobbies:
● Playing WoT, DotA, and PUBG
● Literally making tanks (bricks, metal, plastic, etc)
● Environment open for innovation, questions, and initiatives
● Management via context
● Minimum to no micromanagement
● Transparent compensation system
● Bonus based on individual contribution to product performance
● Individual Development Plan integrated with education
● Participation in international industry conferences (GDC, Gamescom, E3, etc.)
● Develop new features that will be available to millions of players worldwide
● Whole product focus: client, server, and tools development
● Help shape our own conferences — WG Fest, 4C
● 28 days of paid vacation. Covered sick leaves, medical insurance
● Own gym, sports teams: football, yoga, etc.
● Game consoles, hardware at the office
● Snacks, drinks at the kitchen
What will you do?
- Auto-tests development and maintenance (tests of game logic/ automation of testing environment preparation/ server subsystems testing)
- Auto-tests integration in CI TeamCity/Jenkins (integration in already existing test chains / creating of new test chains)
- Internal test automation framework development (based on bots emulating player's behavior)
- Client and server performance testing
- Client and server stability testing
What are we looking for?
- 1+ years of QA Automation experience
- Understanding of client-server model
- Work experience with CI Systems (TeamCity/Jenkins/Bamboo)
- Ability to analyze code
- Analytical thinking, a system thinking approach in task solving
- Intermediate or higher level of English
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Knowledge of windows and *nix systems
- Experience in using and integration different API’s
- Understanding of game projects (desktop applications) automation nuances
- Experience in using bots for any games. Experience in writing scenarios for them is a big advantage.
- Performance testing experience
- Client-server game development experience