Want to become a new-store-opening beast? Love weaving your way through some of the coolest neighborhoods and lifestyle centers? This active, people-oriented, project-driven role is for you!
The Construction Project Manager will support the store development team by leading assigned projects from design development through bidding, permitting, construction and turnover of the space to the retail operations team. Experienced and sophisticated in site and vendor management, this role is a node for all departments within the company with respect to new store development. The Construction Project Manager is accountable for the timeline, budget, and successful buildout of assigned Warby Parker retail and corporate projects in a variety of geographic locations.
What you’ll do:
- Retail store construction projects, including flagship stores, streetfront and neighborhood locations, and short-term concept shops
- Smaller renovations and misc corporate construction projects.
- Manage project build outs from design development through turnover, closely collaborating with store design team, internal departments, external agencies, landlords, and architectural partners.
- Review architectural plans, shop drawings, lighting proposals, and other documentation as needed
- Perform due diligence to assist the Warby Parker real estate team on location finding with respect to base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements
- Develop a bottoms-up budget and timeline for executive level approval, and manage both throughout the project
- Prepare bid lists and packages for General Contractors, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, level and negotiate bids, and award contracts
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of experience in retail construction project management (min 3 years on retailer side)
- Armed with strong budgeting and computer skills (spreadsheets make your heart beat)
- A keen eye for quality and detail - doesn't
- An expertly organized person with uncharted attention to detail (almost—almost!—to a fault)
- Excellent communication skills with negotiation skills that could resolve geopolitical conflicts
- A natural leader experienced in vendor management and the facilitation of teams of internal and external vendors
- Armed with expertise in architectural drawings and construction site management
- Willing to travel 25%-50% during store openings and build outs
- A bachelor’s degree relating to project management
- Luxury small box retail experience
- Working knowledge of project management software such as Expesite
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings