We’re looking for a top-notch Legal Operations Coordinator to provide legal support to all areas of the company. As the third member of the legal team, you’ll work closely with attorneys on a variety of matters including corporate governance, commercial contracts, and regulatory research and analysis.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and own a contracts and information management system
- Design, implement, and oversee a legal operations strategy
- Prepare and monitor entity formation documents and other state filings
- Draft corporate governance documents
- Review and revise a variety of contracts and other legal documents (with the assistance of attorneys as needed)
- Perform regulatory research
- Interface with a wide variety of employees across all departments
Who you are:
- Equipped with prior experience as a paralegal, contract manager, or legal assistant at a law firm or in-house legal department
- A master time manager who is extremely, impressively organized and detail-oriented
- An A+ communicator
- A multi-tasker who is able to prioritize tasks and remain productive while balancing multiple projects
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- Experience with state and regulatory document preparation and filing
- Experience drafting and reviewing contracts
- Experience at a fast-paced, quickly-growing company
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)