Attention, ultra-savvy number crunchers! We’re seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Financial Analyst to join the retail finance team and take on all aspects of labor planning for our retail locations (in addition to supporting other retail-related analyses).
In this role, you’ll work with stores across North America to ensure that they have the resources needed to provide an exceptional customer experience. To do that, you’ll perform detailed financial analyses on hours worked, sales trends, traffic, experience scores, operating costs, and any other metric you can get your hands on. You’ll then use these results to identify key opportunities for growth and efficiencies in our retail operations.
You’ll report to our Retail Finance Manager, and will be regularly sharing insights with our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis, our Director of Retail, and our Chief Financial Officer. This is a tremendous opportunity to learn about (and improve) our retail operations at Warby Parker, working cross-functionally at all levels of the organization on a wide variety of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Act as a key player in setting financial and operational targets for all aspects of labor planning across our stores
- Collaborate with district leaders and our stores to understand their reporting and operating needs
- Develop and deliver insightful reporting to stores and corporate support, utilizing both Excel and Looker
- Use your financial prowess to provide analyses, insights, and recommendations on existing processes, including payroll reporting, current staffing guidance, and new-store staffing
- Partner with the teams across the organization to implement time management, payroll, and operational improvements
Who you are:
- Equipped with a minimum of 3 years of labor planning experience within retail, consumer products, or a related industry (retail preferred!)
- The proud owner of a quantitative bachelor’s degree (e.g., in finance, economics, math, operations research, statistics, data science, management science, etc.)
- An analytical, detail-oriented, creative, and results-driven Excel guru who has a passion for retail
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter who’s willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- An endlessly curious, super fast learner who’s driven to produce world-class results
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Able to work with large amounts of data and detail without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience with Looker or a similar data visualization tool
- Knowledge of Dayforce or a comparable workforce planning software
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings