The technology team at Warby Parker is on the lookout for a stellar Technical Product Manager to drive progress on one or more of our feature development teams. At Warby Parker, each systems development team operates as a self-directed, autonomous entity with the freedom to pick the work they want to take on—and then execute that work with the methodology of the team’s choosing.
Are you a data-driven process aficionado who enjoys driving projects from inception to completion? Are you a self-motivated, well-organized communicator looking to earn some Warbles? If you answered “yes” to both of these questions, this could be just the job for you. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Establish, improve, execute, and spread awareness of project processes to ensure optimal delivery while maintaining a highly engaged, energized, and efficient team
- Translate and refine broad business needs into unambiguous, targeted agile epics and stories that are consumable by development teams
- Design, execute, and report on controlled, metrics-based tests to determine the actual value of all new features
- Ensure that all stakeholders remain sufficiently educated on relevant progress and decisions regarding each project
- Run demos and professional meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Facilitate and encourage the adoption of processes across the organization
- Identify and quickly remove roadblocks in order to keep processes and teams running smoothly
- Manage multiple concurrent projects in various departments (focused primarily in technology)
- Lead activities for your team to maintain rapport and to keep office environment fun and energetic
Who you are:
- Equipped with 3+ years of experience in fast-paced organization performing as a project manager, business analyst, or product manager
- A high-energy, expert communicator with both technical and non-technical team members, brimming with positive, proactive energy
- An effective manager with the desire to cultivate leadership and high performance in the team you lead
- An independent thinker with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A data-driven decision maker who marries sound business judgment with strong analytical thinking
- Incredibly focused and attentive to detail, even while working in a super fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritize tasks for yourself and others, remaining productive while balancing multiple projects
- Hungry for knowledge and an understanding of any technical and business details that are relevant to a given project
- Mature and empathetic, and comfortable leading meetings with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Familiarity with omnichannnel retail experiences (you’ve bridged the gap between digital and in-person customer experiences)
- Dynamic leadership skills with the ability to motivate teams
- An expert understanding of agile, PMI, or other project management process methodology
- Experience making thoughtful decisions in high-pressure situations
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)