We’re looking for an all-star Associate Merchant to own all optical product at Warby Parker. Your role will be to generate merchandising and assortment strategies for our optical business, and you’ll do this by acting as a liaison with the design team throughout the lifecycle of the product, communicating strategy and financial metrics to all necessary teams throughout the company, and training internal stakeholders on all aspects of our product when they go to market. Sound like your kind of gig? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Set and implement strategies to generate growth in our optical business, including partnering with other teams on improving our web experience, distribution strategy, pricing, product offering, and more
- Use analysis to set line plan strategy for all new optical collections and work closely with the product design and development team to ensure that our designs reflect that strategy
- Set cost targets and pricing for all new products with our merchandise planner
- Generate assortments and sales projections for all new collections
- Train the brand team on new product launches with go-to-market decks, merchandising guides, sample-pass-off meetings, and ongoing communication
- Create training materials on new products for all customer-facing teams
- Manage SKU counts and overall assortment by channel
- Generate a display strategy for both web and retail to optimize sales based on shopping behaviors in different channels and geographies
- Set up development and go-to-market processes for new product types
Who you are:
- A skilled associate merchant with 3–5 years of experience driving assortment strategies
- An analytical, detail-oriented, creative, and results-driven individual who has an eye for product and love for fashion and style
- A quick learner with an eye for trends and an ability to analyze sales data quickly and efficiently
- A people person and a team player (our team works with almost every department and is constantly driving cross-functional communication)
- A master multi-tasker who’s great at time management and organization
- Someone with a knack for public speaking and a great sense of humor (our team is constantly presenting internally, training stakeholders, and leading communication with other teams)
- Background in accessories
- Experienced in Google Docs and Excel
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings