We’re on the hunt for a seasoned Operations Strategy Manager who will play an important role in developing Warby Parker’s future operational strategy, processes, and tools to enable omnichannel growth, increase service levels, and optimize costs. This data-loving individual will be responsible for leading large-scale Supply Chain projects from strategy to execution by conducting in depth analyses and managing detailed project plans. At the same time, this person will evaluate department-wide system needs and prioritize tech investments. Lastly, this person will also help identify and analyze improvement opportunities across the company, present recommendations, and support the implementation of cross-functional projects.
What you’ll do:
- Lead select supply chain projects from start to finish, managing detailed project plans, creating actionable implementation plans, and transitioning to functional owners
- Gather system business requirements, identify gaps using current systems, develop business cases to justify tech investments, and support roadmaps to build out internal backend systems
- Evaluate and design processes and tools in support of continuous improvement efforts—then measure the benefits to gross margin, working capital, and employee/customer experience
- Conduct in-depth analyses, which may include data gathering from across various systems/ sources, data manipulation, data modeling, and the evaluation of proposed solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Merchandising & Planning, Product Design & Development, Retail, Strategy, and Technology
- Potentially travel both domestically and internationally
Who you are:
- Equipped with 4–7 years of relevant analytical experience in supply chain, consulting, or finance
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Knowledgeable of upstream and downstream supply chain processes
- A data-loving, resourceful individual with strong quantitative skills
- Able to self-manage, drive, and implement large-scale, high-visibility projects across departments
- Detail-oriented, ultra-organized, and able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A clear and effective communicator and collaborator who loves to share findings and insights
- Familiar with ERP and tech systems
- Lean or Six Sigma training
- SQL or other database knowledge
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings