We’re on the hunt for a seasoned Operations Strategy Manager who will play an important role in developing Warby Parker’s future operational strategy, processes, and tools to enable omnichannel growth, increase service levels, and optimize costs. This data-loving individual will be responsible for leading large-scale Supply Chain projects from strategy to execution by conducting in depth analyses and managing detailed project plans. At the same time, this person will evaluate department-wide system needs and prioritize tech investments. Lastly, this person will also help identify and analyze improvement opportunities across the company, present recommendations, and support the implementation of cross-functional projects.
What you’ll do:
- Lead select supply chain projects from start to finish, managing detailed project plans, creating actionable implementation plans, and transitioning to functional owners
- Gather system business requirements, identify gaps using current systems, develop business cases to justify tech investments, and support roadmaps to build out internal backend systems
- Evaluate and design processes and tools in support of continuous improvement efforts—then measure the benefits to gross margin, working capital, and employee/customer experience
- Conduct in-depth analyses, which may include data gathering from across various systems/ sources, data manipulation, data modeling, and the evaluation of proposed solutions
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders such as Finance, Merchandising & Planning, Product Design & Development, Retail, Strategy, and Technology
- Potentially travel both domestically and internationally
Who you are:
- Equipped with 4–7 years of relevant analytical experience in supply chain, consulting, or finance
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in business or engineering
- Knowledgeable of upstream and downstream supply chain processes
- A data-loving, resourceful individual with strong quantitative skills
- Able to self-manage, drive, and implement large-scale, high-visibility projects across departments
- Detail-oriented, ultra-organized, and able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A clear and effective communicator and collaborator who loves to share findings and insights
- Familiar with ERP and tech systems
- Lean or Six Sigma training
- SQL or other database knowledge
Warby Parker was founded in 2010 with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in house, we’re able to offer insanely high-quality eyewear at decidedly non-insane prices (i.e., from $95 with prescription lenses—a fraction of the going price!).
In the last seven years, we’ve grown to over 50 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, opened our first optical lab in upstate New York, and launched two of our own iOS apps. And for three years running, Fast Company has named us one of the world’s most innovative companies.
We’re also a certified B Corporation, so we’re held to the highest standards of social and environmental responsibility. This means lots of different things, like operating carbon-neutrally and distributing a pair of glasses to someone in need for every pair we sell. (We’re big believers that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world.)
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As an employee at Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear (plus discounts for friends and family)
- And more (just ask!)