Warby Parker is on the lookout for an Assistant Merchandise Planner to help with the execution of our merchandise planning strategy. You’ll be instrumental in ensuring that we always have the right product in the right place, in the right quantities, and at the right price.
To do this, you’ll assist in managing inventory levels across the organization, generating accurate SKU-level forecasts and sell-through projections, and conducting thorough reports on product performance. You’ll support in making decisions around the depth and breadth of our buys, ensuring our product assortment and inventory quantities are in line with customer demand and company targets, and supporting the overall growth strategy for our product. You’re no stranger to analysis, and you’re comfortable turning a discerning eye to the past and future, as well as the present. The ability to play nicely with others is a must, as most of your projects will require you to partner with other teams, such as supply chain, finance, and most importantly, our merchandising teammates!
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the generation of pre-season and in-season SKU-level forecasts to tie back to top-line financials
- Create new data models in Excel to help accurately forecast inventory and sales
- Assist with analysis to support inventory purchases
- Run regular weekly and monthly reporting, and run ad-hoc analysis based on business needs
- Support the merchandise planning team on project management
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–3 years of experience in an analytical role, preferably in merchandising or financial planning
- The proud owner of an undergraduate degree in business administration or a related area
- Unafraid of building processes and reports from scratch (uncharted territory thrills you!)
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and highly strategic. You’re a numbers lover with a mind for thinking both high-level and in the details
- A critical thinker with a great instinct for spotting trends in data
- A master multi-tasker—we wear many hats, and it’s critical that you’re great at time management and organization
- Far from shy! We work closely with coworkers across the organization, so you’ll need to be a proactive and strong communicator
- Wizard-level Excel skills (particularly in modeling)
- A strong understanding of retail math (costing, gross margins, turn, etc.)
- Project management experience (extra extra credit!)
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings