As a Senior Accountant, you will be joining our fellow master number crunchers (aka our Accounting team) and focusing on a wide range of accounting areas. This position requires an ambitious and dynamic general accountant who thrives on managing multiple projects, plus the chaos that often comes with it! You’ll support our department in achieving its overall goals by leading the management of different internal and external systems to improve current accounting processes and procedures.
What you’ll do:
- Own key account reconciliations, including accounts receivable, deferred revenue, straight line rent, fixed assets (and much more!)—all while collaborating with both finance and various teams across the organization
- Analyze company expenses and spend through creation of expense variance analysis and cash spend reporting, plus determine necessary monthly accruals
- Manage fixed asset accounting by working closely with the development team on our construction management tool—plus, manage budget versus actual reporting and drive automation in asset tracking and depreciation
- Be the accounting supervisor for our lease administration tool, confirm straight line rent calculations and management lease incentives across our 50+ locations
- Implement automations within our ERP system for ease of processing monthly transactions
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for Accounting team and senior management
Who you are:
- Equipped with at least 3–5 years of general accounting experience within consumer products, retail, or related industry
- A proud owner of a Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance (CPA is a plus!)
- An unabashed Excel guru
- Able to execute tasks like nobody’s business
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to do things
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative team player and self-starter; willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings