Our Retail team is looking for a collaborative-keen, energetic, and proactive Associate Manager of New Stores to manage all our new store openings (there are a lot of them on the way!). Reporting to the Senior Manager of Retail Operations, this person will coordinate across multiple departments to plan and execute the new-store-opening process from construction completion to opening. Sound up your alley? Read on for all the deets:
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate a cross-functional team to plan and execute the new store opening process from construction completion to opening. (This includes new store and showroom openings, renovations, relocations, and closures.)
- Coordinate with HQ partners and vendors to ensure all necessary product inventory, visuals, FF&E (fixtures, furniture and equipment), hardware, and supplies are ordered, delivered, and properly installed
- Coordinate with our talent team and store teams to ensure that new store teams is hired, onboarded, and trained
- Coordinate with the tech team to make sure all hardware, systems, and user accounts required for operations are set up properly
- Develop and manage our new-store-opening calendar for the year, with more detailed turnover calendars developed 2 months in advance of each opening (including detailed turnover schedules of on-site teams)
- Develop and manage a program that will leverage our retail managers to serve as on-site leaders of the turnover process, from store set-up to training and dress rehearsals
- Monitor each new store opening and support the on-site team to troubleshoot any unexpected issues that arise and ensure that things stay on track
- Develop and manage a performance scorecard and debrief process to evaluate the performance of all parties involved in each new opening and help identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead the ideation and development of all initiatives to improve the new store opening process.
- Provide input to the development team on store layouts and design details to ensure that all our operational requirements are being addressed
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of corporate retail operations experience and/or store-level leadership experience
- Experienced with opening new retail stores for a fast-growing retailer (extra credit if you’ve led a team responsible for doing so!)
- A razor-sharp problem-solver with the confidence required to recommend and make decisions
- The demonstrated ability to manage and improve budgets and timelines
- An excellent communicator who has experience liaising with both internal and external partners
- Supremely organized and obsessively attentive to detail
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings