Warby Parker is searching for an organized Custodian to join our optical lab in Sloatsburg, New York. Opening our first-ever in-house lab has helped us sustainably grow our supply chain and consistently provide top-notch customer service. (Read: It’s a key component of our company!) As part of our Facilities department, you’ll do what it takes to ensure that the lab is a shipshape, clean, and all-around wonderful workplace for the entire team. Sound cool? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Handle routine cleaning and maintenance tasks throughout the production floor, kitchen, conference rooms, and office area
- Own special organizational and cleaning projects
- Support on-site meeting and event setup and breakdown (including coordinating with caterers, etc.)
- Oversee the operation and upkeep of all standard cleaning equipment
Who you are:
- Backed by 2+ years of related facilities experience, preferably in a production environment
- Hard-working and driven by a sense of urgency
- A highly organized thinker (and doer!) with a penchant for tidiness
- A friendly team player with a no-task-too-small attitude
- Capable of standing and/or walking for up to 10 hours
- Able to lift 50 pounds, as well as push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working in the optical industry
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker was founded with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By circumventing traditional channels and designing our frames in-house, we’re able to offer top-quality glasses and sunglasses (plus an uncommonly delightful shopping experience) at a fraction of the traditional going price.
Since starting out in 2010, we’ve set up headquarters in New York City and Nashville, built our own optical lab, and opened retail locations all around the U.S. and Canada. As we grow, we’re committed to proving that businesses can scale and be profitable while doing good in the world. For every pair of glasses we sell, a pair is distributed to someone in need—to date, that’s over five million pairs.
Of course, all work and no play makes a dull workplace. Who likes that? At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community keeps us excited to walk through the door every day. Good work, good people.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- A health-and-wellness stipend
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!