Warby Parker is looking for a go-getter to join our Merchandising & Planning team as a Merchandising Assistant. The person in this role will support our head merchants in assorting new collections, conducting trend research, merchandising our product in stores and online, and communicating with other teams in the company. Sound like a dream gig? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support our optical and sun merchants in day-to-day management of the business
- Oversee SKU set-up for all new launches
- Coordinate Product Catalog input and organization
- Oversee our sample process (including organization, display, and communication with Product Development)
- Create retail training materials for new product and lens launches and update monthly floorset guides
- Prepare quarterly go-to-market materials for our brand team
- Maintain merchandising boards with existing product images and information to help inform assortment decisions
Who you are:
- A merchandising assistant with 1–3 years of experience
- An analytical, detail-oriented, creative, and results-driven individual who has an eye for product and a love for fashion and style (yep, all of it!)
- A quick learner with an eye for trends and an ability to analyze sales data quickly and efficiently
- A people person and a team player—our team works with almost every department and is constantly driving cross-functional communication
- A master multi-tasker—we wear many hats, and it is critical that you’re great at time management and organization
- Far from shy! Our team is constantly presenting internally, training stakeholders, and leading communication with other teams, so we are looking for someone who has a flair for public speaking and a great sense of humor
- A background in accessories
- Experience with Google Docs and Excel
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings