Calling all seasoned sourcing experts: We’re looking for a Director of Sourcing who will assess the marketplace and current supplier base, identify new suppliers, develop sourcing strategies, lead negotiations, and manage purchasing for the company. Experienced in sourcing and procurement, this person will work with all departments (especially Design & Development and Merchandising & Planning) to translate our designs into beautiful products, optimize the cost of goods, and minimize risk. The person in this role will be the primary company expert for direct and indirect sourcing (for everything from frames, lenses, and packaging to lab and logistics services). Think you’ve got the goods? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Assess supplier base and current spend
- Identify suppliers that provide new capabilities
- Develop supplier strategies by category of spend (you’ll be considering where to buy, capacity projections, the number of suppliers per product type, penetration by supplier, how to minimize risk, and how to leverage our purchasing power)
- Onboard new suppliers and negotiate RFPs, SLAs, pricing, terms, landed cost, etc.
- Measure performance/compliance, and conduct quarterly business reviews
- Deliver annual savings via value engineering program
- Improve our social compliance and environmental sustainability
- Build and strengthen supplier relationships and ensure priority is given to Warby Parker work
Who you are:
- A sourcing/procurement professional with 10+ years of experience
- The owner of a bachelor’s degree in engineering or business
- A skilled negotiator with experience implementing contracts across multinational companies
- An excellent communicator who’s able to work in multinational environments, as well as liaise with senior leaders both inside and outside the company
- Experienced with manufacturing in China
- A team player who’s driven and motivated by producing world-class results
- Optical industry experience strongly preferred, particularly experience with frame manufacturing
- Experience working with suppliers in Europe and Japan
- Fluency in Mandarin
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings