This position calls for one all-around amazing accountant: We’re on the lookout for a stellar Sales and Use Tax Accountant to join our accounting team and be the point person at Warby Parker for all things tax-related (think: great power and great responsibility!). This position requires a capable and dynamic tax professional who is confident managing a wide range of tax areas and working closely with multiple external parties to focus on improving and adhering to tax compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
- Review monthly sales tax returns for proper treatment of goods sold and prepare monthly returns for applicable US taxing jurisdictions
- Develop and implement a process for use tax review on vendor invoices and identify necessary accruals on a monthly basis
- Manage annual reports and franchise tax filings to ensure our company’s qualification to do business
- Maintain the company’s business licenses across the US
- Evaluate Warby Parker’s current tax positions and use professional judgment to recommend modifications that will ensure our compliance with sales and use tax regulations
Who you are:
- Armed with 5+ years of tax/accounting experience within the consumer products industry or a related industry
- The owner of a BS in accounting or finance (CPA required)
- A self-assertive and resourceful worker with knowledge of sales and use tax regulations, committed to high-quality work
- A super-collaborative team player who’s willing to roll up their sleeves and get the job done
- Detail-oriented, ultra-organized, and able to manage shifting priorities in a fast-paced environment
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings