Warby Parker is searching for a Product Development Associate Manager to support the creation and sourcing of each and every eyeglasses and sunglasses frame. In this role, you’ll work across departments to translate our Designers’ sketches into finished products—all while optimizing cost, quality, and lead time. You’ll also play an important role in helping Warby Parker execute a strategy for frame and raw material vendors that aligns with our ambitious growth targets. We’ll count on you to oversee vendor development, negotiations, sourcing, production management, and metrics reporting to evaluate vendor’s performance. Our ideal candidate is a strong communicator with experience in development and strategic sourcing. Sound right up your alley? Read on!
The Product Development Associate Manager will report to the Product Development Director under the Product Strategy team umbrella, inclusive of the Merchandising and Planning Departments.
What you’ll do:
- Manage key vendor relationships for both new developments and core businesses through the end-to-end product lifecycle
- Partner closely with our designers to create successful seasonal, chase, and long-term innovation development that leads to a high adoption rate for our prototypes
- Ensure the cross-functional development calendar is executed and adhered to, and ensure all internal and external partners are updated on timelines
- Continually assess our current vendor base and spend
- Own forecasting and capacity planning, as well as sampling and manufacturing lead-times
- Negotiate costs with a keen understanding of trade-offs within the product, vendors’ cost structures, and overall business volume
- Facilitate the purchasing of all frames, measure the associated delivery and quality performance, and troubleshoot as needed
- Track purchase orders to ensure on-time and in-full deliveries; hold a weekly review with cross-functional department leads based on exception-level reporting and solutions-based recommendations
- Assist with internal and external processes to onboard new frame vendors and ensure compliance with our Vendor Compliance Manual
- Gather and report out KPIs to include in vendor scorecards and internal team performance goals, then use those KPIs to inform future strategies
Who you are:
- Backed by 4+ years of relevant product development and sourcing experience
- An excellent communicator, both online and in person, who demonstrates strong cross-functional collaboration skills
- Always on top of things and unflappably professional (you’ll be working with external partners, so this is especially important!)
- Detail-oriented with super-strong organizational and analytical skills
- Able to use your judgment and past experience to plan and accomplish goals
- A seasoned, successful project manager
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, and Adobe applications—for viewing tech drawings, combining files, and making edits
- Well-versed in working with international vendors (you understand the cultural, regulatory, commercial, operational, and logistical implications of managing day-to-day operations within that setting)
- Knowledgeable about negotiating with overseas providers and what drives vendors’ cost structures
- Able (and excited!) to travel internationally
- Experience in eyewear product development and sourcing
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.