Warby Parker is on the lookout for a well-rounded Manufacturing Manager to optimize and oversee our manufacturing network to deliver high quality products at the best total delivered cost. As a member of the Corporate Manufacturing team, you'll also be responsible for supporting strategic decision-making through data analytics, considering capacity, capability, and cost, as well as executing new product launches. Our ideal candidate will excel in this role if they're collaborative, data-driven, and eager to lend a hand to support a variety of projects. Sound like your cup of tea? (or coffee, or yerba mate?) Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support financial budgeting and tracking for our internal and external facilities performance
- Work closely and proactively with Manufacturing Operations stakeholders and Crossfunctional teams to identify and address priority business questions
- Own reporting and drive improvements across key metrics related to OEE, customer lead time, cost, capacity utilization, and more
- Partner with our Inventory, Logistics, Product Development, and other departments to roll out cross-functional projects and launch new products
- Operationalize strategic business objectives and lead complex projects
- Work directly with domestic and international facilities to monitor and role out continuous improvement initiatives
- Supports demand planning across Warby Parker’s manufacturing network to deliver high quality products at the best total delivered cost
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (i.e. Industrial, Manufacturing), Business Management, Supply Chain or other related discipline
- Backed by 5+ years of experience in a supply chain or manufacturing environment
- Passionate about strategic planning and data analysis (enjoy both digging into the details and long term, blue sky planning) & always looking at ways to improve
- A positive team leader and exceptional team player who can quickly build respect across stakeholder groups
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with internal and external partners
- A strong communicator
- Highly organized (you build out processes and tools needed to get stuff done and keep things on track)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Previous experience with demand planning, large-scale budget planning and management
- Lean Six Sigma training & Project Management
- Experience with assemble-to-order production
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for full-time employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted salary range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to base salary, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus and an equity bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We're constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact, and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale while doing good in the world, without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything you need for happier eyes at a price that leaves you with money in your pocket, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests, and you can meet us online, at our stores, or even in your home. Wherever and whenever you need it, we’re there to make exceptional vision care simple and accessible. (Delightful, too.)
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program.