New Store Opening
Job Status: Full-Time
Warby Parker is seeking a service-oriented Sales Manager to support a team of exceptional Retail Advisors in creating the best possible glasses-shopping experiences. As a Sales Manager, you'll engage with customers, have a hand in process ideation and improvement, and participate in various special projects along the way. Through these responsibilities, you'll directly impact the success of our company while seeing our strategic operations in action and learning from our super talented business and Retail leaders. Ready to play an integral part in shaping and driving Warby Parker Retail? Read on!
What you'll do:
- Communicate Warby Parker's values and brand philosophy to customers
- Own troubleshooting for our point-of-sale system
- Oversee the store's inventory management procedures
- Develop new processes that improve Warby Parker’s ability to serve customers and optimize their shopping experiences
- Manage and implement daily zoning schedules
- Open and close the store
- Lead meetings at the beginning of shifts and at the end of the day, plus roundtables and other meetings as needed
- Direct a team of 8–10 team members, consistently demonstrating what great service looks like
- Help conduct team members' biannual performance reviews with the Store Leader and Associate Store Leader
- Assist with new hire on-boarding and ongoing training
- Treat all of our customers with respect and cultivate an inclusive, service-minded work culture
Who you are:
- Steeped in Retail experience, with 1+ year in a management position
- Equipped with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Backed by managerial experience in sales or operations at a complex, customer-focused retailer
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Eager to learn new skills
- An upbeat and empathetic team player
- Driven to do what it takes to be a top performer time and time again—and help your teammates reach their targets along the way
- Able to bring a positive, fun energy to the workplace, even when working long hours
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits of working at Warby Parker for Full-Time Employees:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Short-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Bereavement Support
- Optical Education Reimbursement
- Free eyewear
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over ten million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means ten million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.