Job Status: Part-Time
Warby Parker is on the lookout for a self-motivated Sales Supervisor to help create nothing-short-of-amazing experiences for our customers. Across all of our retail locations in the U.S. and Canada, Sales Supervisors contribute to the success of our business firsthand through face-to-face customer interactions. In this role, not only will you share Warby Parker's story and mission on the sales floor, but you'll also take part in process ideation and improvement, as well as a slew of special projects. Sound right up your alley? Keep reading!
What you'll do:
- Communicate Warby Parker's values and brand philosophy to customers
- Promote an efficient, inclusive, and service-minded retail environment
- Demonstrate exceptional product knowledge and offer thoughtful, honest style advice
- Dream up innovative and entrepreneurial ways to reinvent the glasses-shopping experience
- An upbeat, flexible team player who leads by example
- Lead the selling on the floor, front-of-house operations, and team touchbases when a manager is not present
- Open and close the store
- Help foster an inclusive culture by treating customers and colleagues with respect
Who you are:
- Backed by professional retail experience at a customer-focused company, plus 6+ months in a management position
- Equipped with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to deliver top-notch customer service
- Cool under pressure and able to adapt quickly
- A go-getter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Curious and eager to learn
- A team player who is passionate about helping customers and teammates alike
- An innovative, proactive problem-solver
- Proud of your work and self-motivated to be a top performer
- Able to bring a positive, fun energy to the workplace, even when working long hours
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
The hourly range for the Sales Supervisor role in New York City is $20.45 - $22.00. Warby Parker, in good faith, believes that the posted hourly range is accurate for this role in New York City at the time of posting. Warby Parker may pay more or less than the posted range based on factors such as relevant experience and skills, qualifications, and location, among others. This range may be modified in the future. In addition to the hourly rate, this role is also eligible to receive a cash bonus as part of the total compensation package. Details and eligibility will be discussed during the application process.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over ten million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means ten million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.