We’re looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join the core management team and oversee maintenance, facilities management, and safety across the entire lab.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee daily calibration and cleaning of lab machinery
- Own key metrics for the facility, including OEE and labor efficiency
- Manage, coach, mentor, and develop employees through routine meetings to discuss individual and department performance and goals
- Foster a collaborative environment with team members within the maintenance team, leading by example and following our core values
- Actively participate in the training and development activities for maintenance employees, including onboarding, technical training, and ongoing refreshers to ensure compliance with department SOPs and process work instructions.
- Document preventative maintenance procedures on lab equipment
- Install and test new lab equipment upon delivery
- Work with the Corporate Facilities team on day-to-day facilities maintenance (including but not limited to the air compressor, dust collector, general facility equipment, bathrooms, and trash collection)
- Manage ordering for machine parts and any additional supplies for lab machinery
- Lead any process improvement initiatives for the department
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years total mechanical work experience with optical industry experience
- Always applies a safety-first mentality
- Previous people management in an industrial environment; you enjoy teaching and training and are able to resolve personnel issues
- Experienced with CNC equipment maintenance
- Armed with a strong understanding of the linkage between machine maintenance and final job quality
- Process-oriented (and proud of it!)
- A positive team leader (and exceptional team player!) who can quickly build respect within their team and across stakeholder groups
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Previous experience working on regulated products
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Plumbing, electrical, fabrication, or other mechanical experience
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.