Warby Parker is searching for a driven, solution-oriented Associate Manager of Talent Development to expand on and implement our learning and development (L&D) programs across the company. As a member of the People team, you’ll support our mission to design and deploy equitable resources and training to ensure all Warby Parker employees have the tools they need to reach their full potential. You’ll work cross-functionally to establish new solutions in order to swiftly and effectively onboard and develop Warby Parker’s talent. You will also partner with the broader Talent Management team to improve and scale existing development programs. Our ideal candidate is a lifelong learner who’s eager to grow, believes in our vision, and feels energized by working with people. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support the redesign and management of onboarding programs for our Customer Experience, Retail, and Manufacturing Lab teams
- Facilitate our internally designed programs including onboarding sessions, skills building content and our leadership development program, Warby Parker Manager Academy
- Design, deploy, and assess a leadership development program for new front-line managers to ensure best-in-class leadership across the business
- Create learning tracks for technical skills to support and accelerate career advancement (both laterally and upward)
- Scale Talent Development’s survey and assessment strategy for training programs by collecting both lead and lag measures to inform changes and additions to current programs
- Support the development and implementation of a company-wide mentoring program that provides networking and upward mobility opportunities to employees
- Work closely with our Talent Assessment, Employee Engagement, and Inclusion, Equity, and Diversity functions to execute overarching People Team strategies
Who you are:
- Backed by 4+ years of professional experience
- Proficient in building different types of training, including but not limited to, physical training materials, self-guided online learning, and live workshop content
- Skilled at facilitating workshops and trainings for small and large groups in-person and remotely
- Comfortable designing training and program assessment strategies, including but not limited to, survey design, survey analysis, and facilitating focus groups
- An engaged collaborator who is passionate about connecting with people
- A team player who’s able to communicate well—clearly, kindly, often—within our department and across the company
- A strong organizer and project manager
- An inquisitive spirit with an iterative approach (you’re intentional about collecting and using feedback)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience teaching in a structured learning environment (e.g. student teaching, full-time educator position, adult learning professional)
- Experience working in customer service (customer service representative, retail, and other customer-facing roles count!)
- An associate or bachelor’s degree
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over ten million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means ten million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.