Warby Parker is searching for a motivated Lab Operations Specialist who can help our team with the day-to-day tasks that keep our manufacturing facility running smoothly. In this role, you’ll directly impact the success of our lab—and all our lab employees—as a pivotal support to our manufacturing management team. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, organized, and eager to lend a hand on a variety of projects that keep our glasses in production and shipping to customers. Sound a lot like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Implement attendance policies and assist employees with scheduling, PTO, and payroll-related questions
- Serve as a point of contact with temporary employment agencies, coordinate scheduling and payment, and work with management to assure hiring requirements align with our lab’s current workload
- Find solutions as the initial point of contact on matters of Human Resources, communicating with the People team whenever necessary
- Ideate, coordinate, and manage the execution of office events, employee anniversary gifts, weekly lunches, and occasional offsite activities
- Lead onboarding sessions and assist employees with orientation needs, including pre-boarding activities, I-9 verifications, and scheduling
- Help train the lab operations coordinator in our other facilities
- Ensure employee access to email, scheduling software, and payroll tools, contacting technical support as needed
- Assist with administrative tasks for the facility, including scheduling existing vendors, getting approvals for invoices, and ordering supplies
- Work on additional special projects from the People or Lab Management teams as assigned
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–3 years of relevant work experience in support functions, administration, or an HR-related field
- Well-organized and a strong communicator
- Passionate about the success of the team around you
- A naturally inquisitive, deliberate, and fearless team player
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Previous Human Resources experience
- Full or partial completion of an associate’s degree
- An interest in learning about manufacturing
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees in this region to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as required by federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.