Lon Binder, our Chief Technology Officer, is on the lookout for his right-hand human! In Lon’s own words, “You’re me when I can’t be me.” This person’s responsibilities will include everything from managing meetings to carrying out large-scale tech department projects. Lon needs a restaurant for lunch? You’re all over it. Has a big idea for a new tech-related project or event? You take that idea and bring it to life.
You’ll also get to interact with all kinds of other illustrious people, from industry leaders to members of the most fascinating, eccentric, and brilliant tech team around. You’ll learn the answers to all your most burning questions, like “Why are there two corgi calendar flippings per month?” and “What is a lounge lizard?” You’ll get an up-close look at how our well-oiled tech organization functions day to day and a manager’s perspective on how to run a team.
What you’ll do:
- Provide administrative support to the CTO and Tech Management team, including managing schedules and liaising with important contacts
- Budget tracking
- Oversee the planning and execution of tech-related Warby Parker events both public and private
- Write and assemble the weekly Tech Talk newsletter
- Own the agenda and any follow-ups for our bi-weekly tech team meeting and weekly tech management meeting
- Complete analytical special projects within the tech team
Who you are:
- A go-getter with a can-do attitude and plenty of positivity to spare
- A stickler for process and detail
- A fantastic writer with impeccably on-brand tone
- An excellent juggler (of tasks)
- A brick wall when it comes to confidentiality
- Charismatic in front of a crowd
- Quick-witted and equipped with a wicked sense of humor
- Cucumber-cool under pressure
- Comfortable working with a wide range of personalities and seniority levels
- An interest in tech
About Warby Parker:
Warby Parker is a transformative lifestyle brand with a lofty objective: to offer designer eyewear at a revolutionary price while leading the way for socially conscious businesses. By engaging directly with consumers, we’re able to offer ultra-high-quality, vintage-inspired frames for $95 including prescription lenses and shipping. We focus on the bigger picture, too: social innovation is woven into the DNA of our company, and for every pair of glasses purchased, a pair is distributed to someone in need.
Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, pneumatic tubes, and, when appropriate, costumes. As a team member at Warby Parker, you can also look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and brain-stimulating activities.
In 2015, Fast Company named us the #1 Most Innovative Company. We’re also a certified B Corporation, which means that we are held to the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Free eyewear (discounts for friends and family!)
- Health & wellness stipend
- Quarterly team outings