At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated IT Support Engineer to join our Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.
Our Technology Services team is all about figuring out why an issue exists, where its root cause lies, and how to implement a solution that allows people to self-solve in the future. (And we’ve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year.)
In this role, you will use your technical savvy to tackle the same sort of questions, engineer even smarter solutions, and support our Help Desk for two offices, one optical lab, and 140+ retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products and services at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate exhibits thoughtfulness, confidence, and expertise when deploying a solution at all endpoints in a short period of time. They’re a big-picture thinker, which will help them oversee our fleet of roughly 2,500 iOS, 700 macOS, 1,500 ChromeOS, and 100 Windows devices. Most important: They’re an empathetic team player who can work cross-functionally to understand other teams’ needs and collaborate with stakeholders to engineer solutions.
If you're a motivated support engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Support and manage our extensive SaaS catalog following SaaSOps best practices
- Execute on assigned tasks to continuously improve our automated user lifecycle management and zero-touch landscape
- Based on trending requests, collaborate internally and cross-functionally; engineering long-term solutions to reduce the number of incoming tickets and repetitive requests.
- Work internally to enhance our tooling, providing a best-in-class customer experience.
- Manage, troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate requests to maintain high SLAs for resolution and response time
- Help improve our security posture by working cross-functionally with our Security Operations team
- Ensure business continuity by responding to, troubleshooting, and resolving internet outages at our retail locations
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex networking anomalies while contributing to continuous improvement
- Communicate complex technologies and systems in the form of notes, manuals, and walk-throughs for users with a range of technical experience
- Initiate project inception research and testing, and then connect with peers and senior team members to conceptualize and review your work
- Participate in a seven-day, on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 2–4 years of experience as a Technical Support Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, IT Help Desk Technician, or similar role
- Proficient in Jamf Pro and G Suite management—as well as Windows, Linux, macOS, and ChromeOS environments
- Able to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical and networking issues using industry-standard tactics and methodologies
- Highly knowledgeable about computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech devices
- A clear, coherent communicator who can provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Familiar with major PaaS providers
- A resilient problem-solver who can fail gracefully and recover quickly
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Proficiency in Windows management (specifically AD, MDM, and GPOs management)
- Cisco, Jamf, G Suite, and Microsoft certifications
- Knowledge of various network protocols: DNS, RADIUS, DHCP, OSPF, DMVPN, L2TP, IPSec, VPN, TCP/IP
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.