The Retail Operations team is looking for an amiable, hard-working teammate to develop high-quality communication materials that promote an exceptional, consistent, and integrated customer experience. Internally, this person’s main focus will be ensuring that the retail store teams are equipped with the resources and knowledge necessary to win customers for life. On the external side of things, they’ll make sure all customer-facing messaging and language is consistent with our brand voice and policies. Up for the task? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Create and distribute internal communication materials to the retail team, ensuring that they are consistent across all customer-facing teams
- Partner across all HQ teams to gather information and requests for feedback in a consistent and timely manner
- Prioritize and manage workload planning for our field team
- Manage our retail communications vendor on rollout, sustaining and developing future communication enhancements based on workload needs
- Ensure that ongoing operational, technical, and product-related updates are communicated to the retail team in a timely manner
- Manage and execute Vision Board, the internal knowledge source of all things Warby for our field team
- Oversee ongoing updates to internal knowledge-management systems
- Work with the Brand Management team, Retail Training team, Customer Experience Training team, and Communications team (among others) to ensure that updates to customer-facing content are made in a timely manner and are consistent with our brand voice
- Make sure we’re adhering to brand standards and internal policies
- Think of new and innovative ways to strengthen communication from HQ to retail and from retail back to HQ
- Work closely with the Retail Training Specialist to consult on and support training efforts
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience in retail (preferably as a Store Leader)
- An expert on the Warby Parker voice and tone, and well versed in all employee and customer-facing processes and policies
- Great at working across multiple teams and juggling lots of priorities at once (bonus points if you can literally juggle)
- Incredibly focused with an obsessive attention to detail (spreadsheets make your heart beat fast)
- Awesome at task prioritization and organization
- Able to remain calm and cool while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated with a strong drive to learn and take action
- Adept at thinking outside the box and solving problems creatively
- Someone who takes their work seriously, but not themselves :-)
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.