Warby Parker is on the lookout for an Associate Manager to help coordinate and manage the day-to-day responsibilities of our Retail Operations team. In this role, you’ll directly support the Manager of this close-knit team that oversees the operations of Warby Parker’s 145+ stores. You’ll lead the development and execution of daily operations, inventory management, and the Retail Operations project calendar. We will count on you to also ensure our stores are following processes and adhering to all company guidelines. Our ideal candidate is not only an organizational mastermind but also an advocate of Warby Parker’s core values. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage relationships with our retail operations external vendors and supply partners. Oversee all store collateral, supplies budgets, and supplies ordering in partnership with Manager, Retail Ops. Ensure that stores have the necessary supplies and tools to execute in-store activations, and new process rollouts
- Collaborate with the Inventory Control team to develop and implement best practices and procedures around cycle counting, annual inventory, and inventory movement
- Partner with various internal business partners (e.g., Finance, Inventory Control, Facilities, and Loss Prevention) on implementing, testing, and documenting in-store applications to align on efficient process rollout.
- Work closely with the Store Communications team on preparation and timelines to introduce material to the field
- Support Retail Operations team in answering support tickets from stores, maintain SLA standards, and drive process improvements based on feedback from stores and field leadership
- Be available during evenings and weekends as needed based on the department’s schedule, special project rollouts, and more
Who you are:
- Backed by 2–4 years of experience working in a retail field position and/or retail operations function
- Someone who takes action and strives for excellence in execution
- Driven by results and desired outcomes—and you know how best to achieve them in order to get the job done
- An effective communicator who listens to others and communicates in an effective manner
- Comfortable managing both projects and budgets
- Armed with exceptional collaboration and interpersonal skills that help you work across the organization to build, foster, and maintain relationships
- Passionate about and invested in developing others—you’re good at delegating responsibility, working with others, and coaching teammates to develop their capabilities
- A G Suite expert
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.