At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Project Manager, IT Engineering to join our 70+ person Technology team and help push our business further.
In this post on the Technology Services team, you’ll take ownership of internal and cross-departmental projects for an IT team that supports our labs, headquarters, and a constellation of over 150 retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products and services at the intersection of health, e-commerce, retail, and fashion. Our ideal candidate is an IT enthusiast and detail-oriented problem solver who constantly seeks out opportunities for process improvement. Sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Establish, improve, and execute project processes to ensure optimal delivery while managing concurrent IT projects across various departments
- Translate broad business needs into clear, targeted agile projects that are understandable to the Engineering team
- Design, execute, and report on controlled, metrics-based tests to determine the actual impact and value of our initiatives
- Ensure that stakeholders stay informed on all project decisions, progress, and timelines
- Run User Acceptance Testing demos and meetings with stakeholders and functionality consumers
- Encourage and facilitate the adoption of new processes on the IT Engineering team
- Work closely with IT leadership to keep the team’s work in line with company priorities, identifying and removing roadblocks to keep our workflow running smoothly
- Keep the team engaged, efficient, and energized, and facilitate team meetings (from daily stand-ups to intake meetings to sprint planning sessions).
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of project management experience at a fast-paced organization and 1–3 years of project management experience on an IT team
- Knowledgeable of all things IT, whether that’s through coursework or certifications
- A seasoned pro in Jira or other workflow management tools
- Fluent in IT vernacular (think: SSO, MDM, AD, MFA, Zero-Trust, ULM, etc.)
- Well-versed in scrum methodology, roadmapping, and sprint planning
- A expert agile practitioner who’s worked with a team of engineers to push changes in short work cycles, with regular inspection and calibration
- Detail-oriented and able to prioritize, especially when balancing multiple projects
- An excellent communicator, both in writing and in person, who can speak clearly and efficiently with both technical and non-technical team members (or external vendors)
- A positive, unflappable spirit who always leads by example
- Naturally curious—you dive deep into all available information to scour for both technical and business details
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working with compliance programs like HIPAA, SOX, or GDPR
- Experience troubleshooting technology in a customer service and/or help desk environment
- PMP or PMI certification
- ITIL, ITSM, ITGC, or IT Fundamentals certification
- Healthcare, retail, and/or e-commerce experience
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.