Here at Warby Parker, we’re obsessed with providing our customers with an extraordinary shopping, ownership, and customer service experience. As the Manager, Continuous Improvement, you’ll be instrumental in shaping the future of the Customer Journey by implementing process improvements.
You’ll report directly to the Director of Order Management and work closely with technology, manufacturing, supply chain, and other teams to implement, maintain and, most importantly, improve processes and systems that innovate the customer experience industry.
What you’ll do:
- Drive game-changing strategies to build best-in-class customer relations and order fulfillment processes from order placement to delivery.
- Continually measure and evaluate all work processes using Lean, DMAIC, and other improvement methods—identifying root causes and implementing corrective actions to improve accuracy, productivity, and quality
- Develop action plans in support of driving process improvements to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a performance-based culture
- Champion cross-functional projects with internal Warby Parker teams to ensure a seamless customer experience through all channels
- Demonstrate ability to influence, manage, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication
Who you are:
- Demonstrate the ability to manage, influence, and present ideas via clear written and oral communication
- Able to handle multiple competing priorities and adapt to a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Driven by a fresh perspective and entrepreneurial spirit
- Eager to challenge the status quo of traditional retail
- Excited about process improvement
- Passionate about social innovation and doing good in the world
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- Direct experience in Customer Service or Retail E-Commerce Operations, specifically around order processing and improving the customer journey
- Solid understanding of the latest technologies and systems—you’re always looking for ways to improve processes from a technical standpoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and coordinate across functional teams
- 2+ years experience in Operations/Lean/Six Sigma
- Ability to work with Senior Leadership and front line team members (and everyone in between)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.