At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated Senior Director, Information Security to join our 80+ person Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing and building out a world class cyber security team. Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to design an enterprise security program that encompasses all aspects of corporate, retail, and production environments. If you're a motivated security expert who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
Please note, we are looking for someone who will be comfortable coming into the office starting next year.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and build out a world class cyber security team
- Design an enterprise security program that encompasses all aspects of corporate, retail, and production environments
- Ensure security is baked into the life cycle of each and every project by participating in architecture reviews
- Manage a formal enterprise security and risk management program
- Partner with other business leaders and departments on good cyber security practices and hygiene
Who you are:
- 8+ years InfoSec experience
- 3-4 years of experience managing the InfoSec team
- Relevant Certifications e.g. CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP, CEH, GCIH, etc.
- Experience with governance risk & compliance (auditing, assessments, etc), such as SOC2, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, NIST, etc.
- Experience with computer architecture, networking, and distributed systems
- Experience with cloud first environments such as AWS and Google Cloud
- Experience with infrastructure as code and agile development concepts
- Prior information security management experience required
- Strong leader in incident response
- High level of collaboration and communication
- Healthcare experience is a major plus but not a requirement
- Comfortable moving fast and working through ambiguity
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.