Warby Parker is on the lookout for a creative Eye Care & Vision Services Senior Manager to serve as a leader and key link between our corporate and doctor teams. In this role, you’ll build our operational roadmap, as well as lead and support the execution of our strategic initiatives for all vision offerings. Reporting to the Director of Retail Strategy, you’ll use your innovative, detail-oriented, and forward-thinking approach to drive big change for the business. In fact, your work will directly impact our Optometrists, Retail teams, and—most importantly!—customers and patients daily. Our ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit who continuously innovates to achieve great results. Sound cool? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Develop and lead expansion plans for our vision services offerings, focusing on scaling the business while maintaining strong economics
- Determine prioritization and path forward for key strategic initiatives and investments
- Partner with Tech to create scalable systems and tools for our doctors and patients
- Manage a team that supports day-to-day Vision Services operations
- Serve as vendor relationship manager for key systems and technology partners
- Set and hold Optometrists and Retail teams accountable to goals for scheduling, exam offerings, patient processes, and more
- Identify and troubleshoot ways our Optometrists and Retail teams can work better together to provide a seamless patient experience
- Be an internal advocate and voice of our Optometrists with corporate teams
- Lead cross-functional teams and provide project management support
- Keep up with the latest news and developments pertaining to eye care, vision health, and healthcare technology
Who you are:
- Backed by 7+ years of experience in a highly analytic and strategic role
- Experience with optometry (either in an office or as an OD) or medical care
- Familiar with healthcare technology systems, (e.g., DrChrono or similar EHR)
- An optimistic, high-energy problem solver who is comfortable working through uncertainty
- A resourceful, proactive team player when it comes to working with key cross-functional teams
- Naturally curious (you often question the status quo with an aim to make better, more informed decisions)
- A self-starter who’s able to manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- A crystal-clear communicator—in person and in writing—who has experience translating data into strategic recommendations
- Comfortable leading cross-functional teams and providing project management support
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.