Warby Parker is on the lookout for a sharp-minded director to join our Performance Marketing team and oversee our 1:1 marketing strategies. In this role, you’ll help create world-class messaging strategies personalized to each consumer, reaching them with the right message, at the right time, and through the right marketing channel. Working closely with our leadership team, Brand Management team, external partners, and other stakeholders, you’ll design and implement programs that improve consumer engagement and value throughout their lifecycle with Warby Parker.
You’ll join an established Performance Marketing team focused on driving new customer acquisition, engagement, and retention—and deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone on board. Interested? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Manage the 1:1 Marketing team in charge of converting leads into consumers, and consumers into lifelong advocates
- Determine the overall strategy and execution of both brand marketing and lifecycle communications through email, mobile push, SMS, and in-app messaging
- Partner with our Digital Product team to ensure the right data is available within our marketing communications platform to enable personalized 1:1 marketing strategies across our suite of products and services
- Collaborate with our Data team to develop world-class experiment design, analytics, and reporting—all to improve a diverse set of customer acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics
- Partner with our Consumer Insights, Strategy, and Product Strategy teams as we explore various models and programs designed to reduce churn and increase consumer loyalty
- Create and communicate roadmaps based on Warby Parker’s business objectives and metrics
- Ensure that stakeholders stay informed about relevant progress and decisions regarding communication strategies
Who you are:
- Backed by 12+ years experience designing, implementing, and iterating upon robust, cross-channel 1:1 marketing strategies. These channels include (but are not limited to!) email, mobile push, SMS, and in-app messaging.
- Experience partnering with key internal stakeholders to develop, launch, and optimize membership models, loyalty programs, and/or other business models designed to drive engagement and loyalty among active and inactive customers
- Well-versed in developing various consumer cohorts and leveraging propensity score models to successfully improve acquisition, engagement, and retention metrics
- A naturally curious person who likes using unexpected points of view to drive outsize business outcomes
- Meticulously organized and detail-oriented (color-coded spreadsheets make your heart beat)
- A collaborator at heart who thrives when working on a team
- A clear, kind, and proactive communicator with people in and outside of your own department
- Able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the appropriate priority
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- 5+ years of experience working on subscription or membership driven business models
- Prior experience working within Consumer Insights or Data teams where you developed and leveraged consumer segmentations to power marketing automation
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.