At Warby Parker, we’ve proven that businesses can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world. Now, we’re searching for a motivated IT Support Engineer to join our 80+ person Technology team to help take this mission to the next step.
Our Technology Services team is all about figuring out why an issue exists, where its root cause lies, and how to implement a solution that allows people to self-solve in the future. (And we’ve seen success; as our company has grown, our incoming ticket count has decreased year over year.) In this role, you will use your technical savvy to tackle the same sort of questions, engineer even smarter solutions, and support our Help Desk for two offices, two optical labs, and 140+ retail stores. Project to project, working here is an exciting opportunity to build products and services at the intersection of medical devices, e-commerce, retail, and fashion.
Our ideal candidate is a great collaborator with the technical chops to support the IT needs of our growing company. If you're a motivated support engineer who takes your work seriously—but not yourself—you may be just what we're looking for. Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Answer, resolve, or escalate all requests that appear in our Retail and Corporate Help Desk ticket queue
- Take on non-ticket related tasks, such as new-hire account provisioning and hardware preparation and collection
- Reduce incoming ticket volume by collaborating on a variety of projects to resolve issues quickly and effectively (e.g., stocking our self-service hardware shelf, writing how-to articles)
- Ensure business continuity by responding to, troubleshooting, and resolving internet outages at our retail locations
- Participate in a seven-day on-call rotation for after-hours support
Who you are:
- Backed by 1+ year of Help Desk support experience, preferably in a large enterprise environment with many remote users
- Capable of supporting and troubleshooting iOS, macOS, Chrome OS, and Windows devices
- Familiar with basic network protocols and troubleshooting
- An excellent communicator who’s confident providing remote assistance over the phone, via chat, or through tickets
- Familiar with the latest troubleshooting techniques, as well as A/V fundamentals
- A proactive, resilient problem solver and multitasker
- Passionate about technology
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Familiarity with Jamf Pro
- Experience managing Google Workspace
- A working knowledge of Active Directory
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.