Associate Manager, Employee Engagement & Belonging
Warby Parker is searching for a motivated Associate Manager of Employee Engagement & Belonging to help create an amazing environment for our greatest resource: our people! In this role, you’ll work within the People team to drive company-wide programs that foster our core values. (Think orientation experience for new hires, outings, events, team offsites, employee recognition, and overall employee engagement & belonging.) We’ll count on you to assume a wide range of responsibilities—from dreaming up new initiatives to overseeing program administration—that impact the development and retention of everyone on Team Warby. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and implement innovative employee engagement & belonging programs across the company to cultivate a workplace based on inclusive behaviors, where all employees feel they can bring their authentic selves to the workplace
- Oversee and support existing employee engagement & belonging programs, such as New Hire Orientation, leadership offsites, Warby Wellness initiatives, recognition programs, and company-wide outings and events
- Support our Retail Leadership team in organizing our annual Retail Leadership Summits
- In partnership with leaders across the company, support the many action plans within our Racial Equity Strategy
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that employee engagement & belonging initiatives are aligned with both individual and team needs
- Regularly monitor and analyze the effectiveness of our programs to create a culture of continuous improvement
Who you are:
- Equipped with 2–3 years of project management or event planning experience
- An effective, clear, and responsive communicator (in person, over email, via smoke signal—you name it)
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks without letting a single detail slip through the cracks
- A personable and empathetic team player who’s comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders
- An energetic and outgoing self-starter
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A problem solver who approaches roadblocks with a positive, innovative attitude
- Passionate about investing in and developing people
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.