Warby Parker is on the lookout for a proactive, strategic Manager of Planning Operations to ensure our Planning and Allocation team is operating quickly and efficiently enough to drive growth. The person in this role will be responsible for determining how we prioritize strategic projects and will oversee the roadmap for our technology projects, including the buildout of Anaplan, our planning software.
In this position, you’ll assess project value and effort, determine priority, as well as lead the Anaplan Center of Excellence, a cross-functional group of planners and analysts who build our models. Interfacing with team leaders from Product Strategy, Finance, Supply Chain, Strategy and Retail, you’ll develop a strong understanding of company-wide priorities and objectives, and translate them to a tactical roadmap for the Planning team. Sound like your dream gig? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Own and maintain the project and planning model roadmaps for the Planning team, ensuring priorities will be impactful to company-wide key metrics
- Manage all aspects of project roadmaps including deadlines, communications, and metric monitoring
- Lead the Anaplan Center of Excellence by developing a model roadmap as well as identifying and documenting best practices for building models at Warby Parker
- Own the roadmap and prioritization of all Planning and Inventory Management technology needs, developing a keen understanding of our core systems
- Partner with members of the Planning team and cross-functional teammates to analyze business trends and develop a metrics-driven project prioritization methodology
- Develop a strong understanding of company objectives and Planning team functions in order to identify areas in which we can drive growth and efficiency
- Analyze and monitor success metrics for planning team
Who you are:
- Backed by 3–5 years of experience in merchandise planning, merchandising, or store planning, or experience in project management with visibility into those functions
- A highly organized, detail-oriented, and operationally minded thinker who understands product life cycle and customer behavior
- Comfortable managing multiple priorities at once
- A crystal-clear communicator, both in writing and in person
- Extremely organized and attentive to detail—almost (almost!) to a fault
- Driven by a sense of urgency and able to prioritize work to maximize your impact
- Someone who has worked with large, integrated data sets or on the implementation of planning/inventory management systems
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience working or building in Anaplan
- Highly analytical and capable of working magic in Excel, especially when it comes to building models
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.