Warby Parker is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. In this role, you’ll work with the Finance team and other leaders at the organization to drive the identification and evaluation of key opportunities for growth and cost savings within our business. In the process, you’ll take on a range of analytical tasks related to forecasting, budgeting, and reporting on business performance and trends. Among other duties, you’ll be responsible for understanding and driving detailed analyses related to all aspects of our supply chain and cost of goods. The right candidate for this role will have the ability to think critically, translate data to insights, and oversee complex operations. You’ll report to our Director of Financial Planning & Analysis and will regularly share insights and analysis with our Chief Financial Officer, SVP of Operations, and the broader leadership team.
Sound like a dream gig? Read on:
What you’ll do:
- Create and manage dynamic and scalable financial models, developing compelling outputs that track business metrics and performance on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Provide integral support on key team deliverables, including annual and quarterly budgeting, annual operating and strategic planning, financial re-projections, and both internal and external business reporting
- Be responsible for collaborating closely with our Supply Chain team to support near and long-term planning and budgeting, understand key drivers of business performance, and interpret key themes and actionable items within our fulfillment and distribution network across our optical labs, distribution centers, and shipping partners
- Craft insights and continue to seek and find improvements in our analysis to provide visibility into Supply Chain COGS performance and drivers of variances between budgeted and actual results on a monthly basis
- Collaborate with key partners to identify opportunities and improve business results by developing financial models for a range of potential strategic and operational cases
- Use your financial acumen and Excel expertise to develop and deliver thoughtful reporting to the FP&A team, business partners, and investors
- Lead financial assessment of proposed capital projects, including ROI and payback analysis, to support investment decisions
- Provide analytical and strategic support for ad hoc analyses (focusing on the why more than the what)
Who you are:
- Backed by 5–8 years in a highly analytical role at a top-tier investment bank or management consulting firm, and/or in a financial operating role within a fast-growing retail or consumer products company
- An Excel and PowerPoint expert driven by results, with the thorough accounting knowledge required to build comprehensive, flexible, and scalable financial models
- An analytical, creative thinker who can focus on the details without losing sight of the big picture
- A self-starter who’s able to manage multiple assignments, take initiative, and work independently
- A skilled and seasoned people manager (directly or indirectly)
- An excellent communicator who loves to share findings and actionable insights
- Collaborative and excited to work with many different teams across the company
- Passionate about direct-to-consumer businesses and excited to support the growth and development of an organization that delivers a best-in-class customer experience
- A firm believer in Warby Parker’s social mission
- Familiarity with cloud-based planning tools like Anaplan
- Experience with Looker or other BI/data visualization tools
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.