Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Director of Ecommerce to lead our growth strategy and the cross-functional execution of ecommerce priorities. You will analyze and communicate performance, develop strategies and business cases for investment, and partner closely with leaders across the company to understand key business trends and identify new opportunities for our site, apps, and other platforms we may develop. Our ideal candidate is thoughtful, proactive, and confident without an ego—you take your work seriously, but not yourself. Sound like your dream gig? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Develop an overall ecommerce growth strategy in partnership with our Marketing, Merchandising, Product Management, and Strategy teams
- Analyze key traffic and conversion trends alongside adjacent teams (like Finance and Consumer Insights) on relevant business and customer analysis
- Lead regular cross-functional ecommerce business reviews, capturing key action items and ensuring follow-up
- Diagnose root causes for any unexpected business trends and partner with our VP of Ecommerce and relevant teams to identify and implement solutions
- Build business cases and advocate for new strategic initiatives to support ecommerce growth
- Define key omnichannel metrics, goals, and strategies as we leverage our digital experiences to drive in-store sales
- Over time, assemble a team to support ongoing ecommerce analysis and operations
Who you are:
- Backed by 10+ years of experience in an ecommerce role and/or highly strategic and analytical consumer experience (e.g., management consulting, corporate strategy, finance)
- A strategic, analytical thinker who understands ecommerce and customer behavior
- Intellectually curious, eager to learn, and comfortable working through uncertainty
- A crystal-clear communicator, both in writing and in person, who’s experienced in translating data into strategic recommendations
- Comfortable leading cross-functional teams and providing project management support
- A leader who is not afraid to get their hands dirty
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- An MBA or equivalent experience
- Performance marketing experience
- Experience in a digitally native brand/direct-to-consumer business
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.