Warby Parker is on the lookout for a dynamic, sharp-as-a-tack Senior Strategy Manager to help us achieve sustainable growth by rethinking the eye care industry and applying innovative new practices. In this role, you’ll lead the research, development, and execution of our strategic priorities, becoming an expert on opportunities to expand our business. You’ll also work cross-functionally to translate these opportunities into reality by partnering with our Brand Management, Retail, Product, Technology, and Customer Experience teams. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Research new opportunities (think: potential new markets, products, services, and sales channels) and develop business plans to evaluate their strategic and financial implications
- Evaluate our strategic positioning and become an expert—we’re talking savant-level—on new technology, consumer trends, and the competitive landscape
- Collaborate across departments to evaluate the value and implications of new opportunities
- Facilitate meetings with leaders and stakeholders across the company to communicate strategic project plans, outline your goals and progress, and gather input and approvals
- Lead pilot tests, partnerships, and other corporate development activities to drive our long-term strategic priorities
- Stay on top of the latest news and developments around eye care, retail, customer experience, and technology
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of experience in a highly analytic and strategic role (bonus points for experience in management consulting or corporate strategy)
- An optimistic and creative problem solver who’s always eager to learn (you’re comfortable working with uncertainty)
- Experienced in onboarding and working with external vendors, and/or evaluating and executing external partnership opportunities
- A crystal-clear communicator with a deep appreciation for data-driven decision making (you love to translate data into strategic recommendations)
- Able to develop frameworks and analysis that support complex strategic problem-solving
- A whiz at Excel and PowerPoint
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- A retail or consumer products background
- Passionate about tech, science, and innovation
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.