Warby Parker is on the lookout for an IT Operations Manager to join our proactive Technology Services Support and Operations team. Our team’s mission is to empower users with innovative, frictionless self-service solutions—and it’s working! As Warby Parker continues to experience rapid growth, we’ve decreased the number of incoming support tickets year over year. We’re looking for someone with technological savvy and a demonstrated history of leadership to help us keep up this record.
As the IT Operations Manager, you will manage a team of support Engineers who answer tickets from our various business divisions while executing cross-functional and internal improvement engineering-related tasks. As a key member of our IT management team, you’ll strategize with our Manager of IT and Manager of Technology to help drive progress on our roadmap by identifying projects that can reduce toil for Tech Services. The ideal candidate will bring an arsenal of effective tools used to identify opportunities to innovate and create new systems for our growing organization. Sound like you? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Monitor IT Services and Systems for irregularities and performance issues. Assess system data, error logs, and user reports to determine areas of improvement or repair
- Conceptualize, develop, and lead projects focused on driving operational excellence while also leveraging automation to improve efficiency and security in all areas of IT
- Manage, develop, and grow a team of highly skilled, proactive individuals dedicated to providing a best-in-class internal customer experience
- Improve upon existing and create new public-facing IT policies and procedures
- Act as the highest escalation point for the IT Support team; assess escalations and devise remediation plans
- Collaborate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors
- Own SLAs for user support requests, ensuring both their success and continuous improvement
- Manage installations, upgrades, and configurations of hardware and software
Who you are:
- Backed by 5–7 years of experience working with multiple systems in a highly active IT environment; and 2–4 years of leadership experience with a distributed team
- A strong leader focused on developing, mentoring, and onboarding IT Engineers
- An exceptional communicator (in writing and in person) who can translate our work and mission across all internal audiences
- Able to work well under pressure
- Someone who leads with integrity and upholds the highest degree of professional and personal standards under minimal supervision
- Highly analytical and attentive to detail
- Successful at leveraging scripting languages to automate and eliminate manual processes
- Experienced in administering and troubleshooting identity provider platforms
- Proficient in SaaSOps IT practices specifically involving user lifecycle management
- Someone who takes a security-minded approach when implementing, developing, or proposing long-term solutions
- Familiar with network troubleshooting techniques
- Driven by a strong growth (not fixed) mindset
- You are not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Experience in the healthcare and/or retail industry is a strong plus
- AMA Certified Professional in Management
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- Cell phone plan reimbursement
- Free eyewear, plus discounts for friends and family
- And more—just ask!
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.