Warby Parker is a vertically integrated brand, and this lab is the next step in continuing to provide a remarkable customer experience, allowing for more sustainable growth across our supply chain. We’re looking for a Final Inspection Lead to serve as both a doer and a leader at our Optical Lab in Las Vegas, NV. You’ll oversee and support day-to-day operations within the Final inspection department and jump in to help out with the work yourself!
What you’ll do:
- Lead day-to-day operations, answer work-related questions in the final inspection area, and maintain quality standards for optics, cosmetics, and bench alignment
- Provide actionable and timely feedback on an ongoing basis (including reviewing quality improvement) and drive process improvements within the QA department
- Conduct job-specific training for other team members, including certification for QA
- Maintain safety and visual standards
- Provide regular coaching and conduct morning huddles
- Evaluate employees’ processes and provide feedback to the management team
- Assist with QA and set the pace for the daily production
- Conduct inspections of Nevada orders to ensure accuracy
- Help monitor breakage, including giving timely feedback and entering breakage into the LMS
Who you are:
- Backed by 5+ years of work experience, including 1+ year of production experience
- A Nevada licensed Dispensing Optician
- A team player who’s willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done (and done well!)
- A person driven toward collaboration
- Equipped with a super-strong work ethic and highly positive outlook
- An effective communicator (in person, over email, via carrier pigeon—all of it!)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to stand and/or walk for up to 8–10 hours and able to push, pull, squat, bend, and reach with or without reasonable accommodation
Some benefits and perks of working at Warby Parker:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible “My Time” vacation policy
- Retirement savings plan with a company match
- Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
- And more (just ask!)
Warby Parker requires all newly hired in-person or hybrid employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date. Warby Parker is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation, as necessary with federal, state, or local law, to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated.
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.