Warby Parker is on the lookout for a detail-oriented Merchandise Planner to own forecasting, purchasing, and decision making for the contact lens side of the business. In this role, you’ll work directly with the Senior Manager of Merchandise Planning & Strategy. You’ll also build and run ad hoc analyses to identify trends in the business and partner with our Merchandising and Planning teams to develop forecasts at the lens and SKU level. Our ideal candidate is no stranger to analysis/forecasting and is able to consider past, present, and future figures. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a must—as you will be working with many different teams. Are you ready to impact our key product operations and support the overall growth strategy for Warby Parker? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Develop methodologies to forecast sales and inventory for current and future years
- Manage the open-to-buy, monitoring performance for sales, inventory, and turn targets
- Create forecasts at the SKU level to inform performance and purchases—identify trends and risks/opportunities to present back to the Product Strategy team
- Perform independent analysis and recommend courses of action to drive bookings for new and upcoming products
- Be responsible for in-stock rates for SKUS and ensure that SKUS are available based on partnership with Merchandising and In Season Planning
- Work closely with Product Development and Supply Chain on purchase order management
- Aid in developing new models in planning software
Who you are:
- An analytical thinker with at least 3–4 years experience at a retail or consumer goods company with a SKU-intensive atmosphere (e.g., business analytics, financial planning and analysis, planning, and inventory management)
- The proud owner of a bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- Highly analytical and strategic
- Capable of complex decision-making
- Experienced in a Planning system or building models from scratch (Anaplan is a plus!)
- A master multitasker—you’re able to wear many hats thanks to your exceptional time management and organization skills
- A proactive, eloquent team player who’s comfortable collaborating with colleagues across the organization
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Wizard-level excel skills (particularly in modeling)
- A strong understanding of retail math (costing, gross margins, turn, etc.)
- Project management experience
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.