Equity Plan Administrator New York City, NY
Warby Parker is seeking a hands-on Equity Plan Administrator to assist in managing the day-to-day administration of our equity programs. You’ll own a multitude of entry, analysis, and reporting responsibilities—all while maintaining the highest level of integrity and attention to detail. Sound cool? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Administer all types of equity plans, including stock options, restricted stock units (RSUs), and other equity awards
- Reconcile and support grant, vesting, exercise, termination, and cancellation activity to ensure plan compliance and accurate financial reporting
- Own the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting of equity awards and maintenance of the company’s capitalization table
- Support efforts to grow and scale the stock administration function through automation, process improvement, and partnership with service providers
- Assist with the preparation of stock compensation expense calculations and disclosures
- Help with the implementation of and transition to a new equity administration software
- Answer employee and investor inquiries, troubleshoot and resolve issues regarding stock awards, and provide top-notch customer service
- Develop and maintain educational materials and other resources related to equity compensation; lead employee training sessions as needed
- Develop documentation of equity-related processes for external audits and compliance with internal controls
- Work cross-functionally with the Legal, People, and Payroll teams to ensure compliance with all securities and tax laws and regulations and disclosure requirements
- Conduct ad hoc equity and tax research and issue resolution
Who you are:
- Backed by 3+ years of experience in equity administration or an equivalent field
- The proud owner of a B.S. in accounting, finance, or related subject
- An expert on company stock ownership and the full cycle of equity transactions
- Consistently looking for new and innovative ways to work
- A first-rate Excel expert
- Super serious about your work (without taking yourself too seriously)
- A highly collaborative and communicative team player and self-starter who’s willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Positive, kind, and excited by a challenge
- Certified Equity Professional (CEP) level 1 designation
- Experience implementing stock administration software (Shareworks, Equity Edge, Carta, etc.)
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.