Warby Parker is on the lookout for a Project Manager, Store Construction to join our Store Design and Construction team to support and lead every facet of opening a new store or renovating and refreshing existing locations, from design development, bidding, permitting, construction management, to turnover of the space. If you love airline miles and weaving your way through some of the nation’s coolest neighborhoods, malls and lifestyle centers, then this active, fast-paced job may be just for you. Our ideal person is experienced and sophisticated in all things site and vendor management (think: timeline management, budget, and quality control) and will be a key collaborator across the company for our new store development projects. Sound like your cup of tea (or yerba mate or coffee)? Then read on!
What you’ll do:
- Manage project build-outs in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external vendors to ensure that each store is designed within budget and optimized for seamless operations
- Review architectural plans, lease exhibits, shop drawings, various vendor proposals, and other documentation related to design development and construction processes
- Review feasibility reports and LOIs as well as advise the Warby Parker Store Design and Construction leadership team on base building conditions, layouts, dimensions, and engineering requirements
- Prepare bid packages for GCs, manage RFIs and shop drawings approvals, review and approve materials quotes, and level and negotiate GC bids
- Facilitate weekly project meetings with GCs, designers, architects, OFI vendors, and landlords as needed
- Perform thorough walk-throughs for each project and create detailed punchlist reports
- Execute and manage the project closeout process involving all documentation and coordination for GCs, OFI vendors, and Warby Parker Operations, Facilities and Finance teams
Who you are:
- Equipped with 5+ years of experience in retail construction project management
- Unflappable in managing multiple projects and budgets at once
- Experienced in the luxury or specialty retail store development industry
- Armed with strong analytical, scheduling, and computer skill sets
- An expertly organized person with uncharted attention to detail (almost—almost!—to a fault)
- An excellent communicator with negotiation skills that could resolve geopolitical conflicts
- A natural leader experienced in vendor management and the facilitation of large and diverse teams of internal and external partners
- An expert in reviewing and interpreting architectural drawings and construction site management
- A frequent flyer prepared to travel 25% to 50% of the time for store openings and build-outs
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Google Workspace
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- A bachelor’s degree related to project management
- Design or engineering project management experience
- Background in budget development for executive-level approval
- Working knowledge of project management software such as PlanGrid and MS Project
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We’re constantly asking ourselves how we can do more and make a greater impact—and that starts by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We want to demonstrate that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy, and innovation to achieve that goal.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.