Warby Parker is on the lookout for an experienced Director of Manufacturing to oversee operations at multiple company-owned production facilities while managing key external manufacturing partners. In this position, you’ll direct day-to-day operations for the production of every pair of Warby Parker glasses alongside a best-in-class production team. You will also be a key contributor to our strategic plans that may involve increasing the scale of our network while we pave the way for future growth. Sound like your cup of tea (or coffee, or yerba mate)? Keep reading!
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure we are meeting or exceeding key metrics related to safety, quality, fulfillment time, cost, and inventory control
- Research cutting-edge technology that could significantly impact our metrics and employees, while working with internal stakeholders to implement the most effective solutions and build world-class facilities
- Set a strategic vision for our manufacturing network by continuously evaluating and proposing creative solutions that best serve the company and our customers
- Leverage multiple operational functions and principles (including finance, customer service, production, and employee management) while using data analytics tools and software applications to drive for results
- Streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed and efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
Who you are:
- Backed by a bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain management, or a related field
- Equipped with 10+ years’ hands-on experience in manufacturing operations and/or supply chain management over multiple sites
- Armed with a proven track record of developing, coaching, training, and retaining top talent with high levels of engagement
- A positive thinker and organized, strong cross-functional collaborator who communicates effectively online and in person
- Someone who’s capable of leading high-visibility projects from start to finish with measurable results
- Able to travel up to 25% of the time (once we can do that kind of thing again) and lift up to 25 lbs
- Not on the Officer of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- Advanced engineering degree and/or Lean Six Sigma certification
- Optical industry experience
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We're driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.